The family-friendly, iconic Halloween movie, Hocus Pocus, may have debuted in 1993, but it’s still frequently quoted today.
The first movie stars Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kathy Najimy, Sean Murray, Thora Birch, Omri Katz, Vinessa Shaw, and Doug Jones.
Its popularity is so strong that Disney+ finally released a sequel, Hocus Pocus 2, on September 30, 2022.
In the new movie, Sam Richardson, Whitney Peak, Belissa Escobado, and Lilia Buckingham join Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kathy Najimy, and Doug Jones for a new adventure.
Let’s reminisce about the original movie with these 70+ best Hocus Pocus quotes, plus a few favorites from the new one.
Hocus Pocus quotes
I bet you already know a lot of the lines that follow below – they are some of the most popular Hocus Pocus captions and quotes!
I love you, jerkface. – Dani Dennison
Bubble, bubble. I’m in trouble! – Bus driver
It’s all just a bunch of hocus pocus. – Max Dennison
You lit the black flame candle?? – Guy dressed as a cop
Let’s light this sucker and meet the old broads! – Max Dennison
Oh man, how come it’s always the ugly chicks that stay out late? – Jay
It’s a full moon tonight. That’s why all the weirdos are out. – Dani Dennison
Wench. Trollop. You bucktoothed, mop-riding firefly from hell! – Billy Butcherson
I need one of those instant ice packs. You girls are giving me a fever! – Bus driver
How many times I gotta tell you? My name’s not Ernie no more. It’s Ice. – Ernie / Ice
Thackery Binx, what took thee so long? – Thackery Binx’s sister, Emily
I’m sorry, Emily. I had to wait 300 years for a virgin to light the candle. – Thackery Binx to his sister Emily when he is no longer in cat form anymore
Mr. Dennison, care to share your California, laidback, tie-dyed point of view? – Miss Olin
To convey gorgeous creatures, such as yourselves, to your most forbidden desires. – Bus driver
You hags! There are not enough children in the world to make thee young and beautiful! – Thackeray Binx
Everyone here knows that Halloween was invented by the candy companies. It’s a conspiracy. – Max Dennison
It doesn’t matter how young or old you are, you sold your soul! You’re the ugliest thing that ever lived and you know it. – Dani Dennison
And of course, we can’t forget the infamous Hocus Pocus cat spell quote:
Twist the bones and bend the back. Itch-it-a-cop-it-a-mel-a-ka-mys-ti-ca. Trim him of his baby fat. Itch-it-a-cop-it-a-mel-a-ka-mys-ti-ca. Give him fur as black as black, just like this!The Sanderson Sisters
Winifred Sanderson quotes
Arguably the queen bee of the Sanderson sisters, Winifred Sanderson, played by Bette Midler, is a gold mine of Hocus Pocus Instagram captions. Here are more than 20 of my favorites!
- Goodbye, cruel world!
- It is a prison for children.
- Well, fancy! We desire children.
- Book, darling, come to Mommy!
- I’ll have your guts for garters, girls!
- Damn, damn, damn. Double damn!
- Sisters, we’ve been gone 300 years!
- Well, I don’t know. Cat’s got my tongue!
- I put a spell on you and now you’re mine.
- Why was I cursed with such idiot sisters?
- Thackery Binx, thou mangy feline. Still alive?
- Hello, I want my book. Bonjour, je veux mon livre.
- Oh look. Another glorious morning. Makes me sick! – Definitely my favorite saying from Hocus Pocus!
- Oh cheese and crust! He’s lost his head. Damn that Thackery Binx!
- Don’t get your knickers in a twist. We’re just 3 kindly old spinster ladies.
- You know, I’ve always wanted a child. Now I think I’ll have one – on toast!
- I killed you once. I shall kill you again, you maggoty malfeasance! Hang on to your heads!
- Sisters, All Hallow’s Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok!
- Oh, I’ve been, thank you. I found it quite lovely. – Winifred’s response when Thackery Binx tells her to go to Hell.
- Unfaithful lover long since dead. Deep asleep in thy wormy bed. Wiggle thy toes, open thine eyes, twist thy fingers toward the sky. Life is sweet, be not shy. On thy feet, so sayeth I!
- My ungodly book speaks to you. On All Hallow’s Eve, when the moon is round, a virgin will summon us from under the ground. We shall be back and the lives of all the children of Salem will be mine!
- It stands to reason, does it not, sisters dear, that we must find the book, brew the potion, and suck the lives out of the children of Salem before sunrise? Otherwise, it’s curtains. We evaporate. We cease to exist. Dost thou comprehend?
Sarah Sanderson quotes
The youngest, most beautiful, and ditziest of the Sanderson sisters, Sarah Sanderson, played by Sarah Jessica Parker, is known for her flirtatious and flighty one-liners.
- Amok, amok, amok, amok!
- Farewell, mortal bus boy!
- ‘Tis firm. ‘Tis firm as stone!
- This is terribly uncomfortable!
- I am beautiful. Boys will love me!
- My lucky rat tail. Just where I left it!
- Hang him on a hook and let me play with him!
- Brave little virgin who lit the candle. I’ll be thy friend.
- Dead man’s toe! Dead man’s toe! Dead. Dead. Dead.
- Oh thou should not speak to Master in such a manner.
- Come little children, I’ll take thee away. Into a land of enchantment. Come little children, the times come to play. Here in my garden of magic.
Mary Sanderson quotes
The most underrated Sanderson sister, Mary, played by Kathy Najimy, is definitely the funny girl of the trio – without even trying.
- It reeks of children!
- Winifred, I smell children!
- Oh, Winifred. Thou art devine.
- She’s so well fed, isn’t she? Plump. Plump. Shish-ka-baby.
- Sisters, Satan has married Medusa! See the snakes on her hair?
- Sisters, look! It’s the chocolate-covered finger of a man named Clark.
- Since this promises to be a most dire and stressful evening, I suggest we form a calming circle.
Hocus Pocus sayings
And before we get to quotes from Hocus Pocus 2, here are even more famous Hocus Pocus quotes.
- Say what you want, just don’t breathe on me. – Max Dennison
- Aren’t you broads a little old too be trick-or-treating? – “Master”
- How much candy have you had, honey? – Jenny (Max & Dani’s mom)
- Maybe you could learn to breathe through your nose. – Max Dennison
- Welcome to High School Hell. I’m your host, Boris Karloff, Jr. – Max Dennison
- In case Jimi Hendrix shows up tonight, here’s my number – Max Dennison to Allison
- Couldn’t you forget about being a cool teenager just for one night? – Dani Dennison
- You’re going to turn me into one of those fat, useless, contented house cats. – Thackery Binx
- It says to form a circle of salt to protect from zombies, witches, and old boyfriends. – Allison
- Take good care of Dani, Max. You’ll never know how precious she is until you lose her. – Thackery Binx
- You’re my kitty now. You’ll have milk and tuna fish every day. And you’ll only hunt mice for fun. – Dani Dennison
- It’s not Dad. It’s Dadcula. Oh my goodness. Who must this charming young blood donor be? – Dave Dennison (Max & Dani’s Dad)
- He lit the black flame candle. The witches are back from the dead and they’re after us. We need help – Dani Dennison to Jenny (Max & Dani’s mom)
- You’ve messed with the great and powerful Max! Now you must suffer the consequences. I’m going to summon the burning rain of death! – Max Dennison
- It just so happens that Halloween is based on the ancient feast called All Hallow’s Eve. It’s the one night a year where the spirits of the dead can return to Earth. – Allison
- Thank you! I really like yours, too. Of course, I couldn’t wear anything like that because I don’t have any – what do you call them, Max? Yabbos? Max likes your yabbos. In fact, he loves them! – Dani Dennison
Hocus Pocus 2 quotes
And now for some new favorites – Hocus Pocus 2 quotes!
- Hey, stop! I’m a good zombie. I’m not even chasing thee! – Billy Butcherson
- Lock up your children! Yes Salem, we’re back! – Winifred
- Sorrow is such sweet parting. – Mary
- A witch is nothing without her coven. – Mother Witch
- Don’t you just love it when a recipe calls for blood? – Mary
- Thou are different than the children I have eaten. – Mary
- Retinol. What a charming name for a child. – Sarah
- Oh look, they’re drowning a man. How charming. – Winifred
- My eyes have misted over with the tragic tears of a lifetime of failure. – Winifred
- I love the resting witch face. – The Mayor
- Wretched villages. Useless even when bewitched. – Winifred
- You’ve literally held a grudge for centuries. – Becca
- Power is meant to be shared. – Izzy
- And then I come home and the gothic Golden Girls are in my garage. – The Mayor
- Follow the sound of my voice, you dust bag. – Billy Butcherson
What are your favorite Hocus Pocus quotes?
Drop your favorite line from Hocus Pocus and Hocus Pocus 2 in the comments below.
For more fun Disney quotes, check out these posts:
Disney Quotes About Love: 125 Romantic Options for 2022
Friday 2nd of December 2022
[…] Quotes from Hocus Pocus 1 & 2 […]